Wet weather occasionally forces training and games to be cancelled. In the event of wet weather, here is what to do:
During the week, Sutherland Shire Council determines if fields are playable. If the grounds are closed, under no circumstances is training to go ahead, as Council can impose fines.
- Check www.gufc.com.au for updates
- Check with your team manager and/or coach
- You can call the Sutherland Shire Council Wet Weather Line 9710 0105 to find out if fields are open/closed – NOTE: Council may leave grounds open, but GUFC may close our grounds (due to the state of our field). So it is always best to check www.gufc.com.au
The SSFA determines if games are played. The Council Wet Weather Line doesn’t apply on the weekends. In the event of wet weather:
- Wait to be advised by your team manager
- Check the Gymea United Football Club Facebook page or www.gufc.com.au for updates.
For early games, the decision may not come before you need to leave for the game. Unfortunately, this is unavoidable, due to the grounds not being inspected until 6.30am with notifications from the SSFA after 7am.
Also note that just because some games are called off, others may go ahead eg morning games could be off, while afternoon games are on.