All GUFC teams must help manage home field ground operations on game days – at Gymea Bay Oval, Kareela 2 or Waratah 3.
Via a roster system, teams must:
- provide ground control (wearing an “orange jacket” and managing crowd behaviour)
- cook the BBQ (at Gymea 1 and 2 only)
- set up and pack up fields.
Team managers are responsible for coordinating their team’s involvement. Shared Services will email team coaches/managers to advise their team is on ground control. Team managers must:
- ensure the required number of people are present. This will involve planning ahead – contacting your team and confirming exactly who will help out
- ensure your helpers are ready to go at the allocated time (and taking over from the current team on duty where appropriate).