While we certainly hope it doesn’t happen to GUFC players, injuries are a part of football. A significant part of your registration fees goes towards insurance for injuries.
If you are injured at training or a game, regardless of whether your injury is likely to require an insurance claim or not, it must be reported via a white Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA) Accident Form. Injury reporting is the same throughout the SSFA.
If you are injured here’s what to do:
- Coach/manager must advise GUFC’s secretary email@example.com of the incident. Please include Ground / Player’s Name / Date of Injury / Team / Nature of Injury / Any Remarks
- We will complete and lodge the SSFA Accident Form and Shared Services will email you details of how to lodge a Personal Injury Claim Online.
On game day
- Coach/manager must go to ground control at the venue (Gymea Bay Oval or any other ground) and complete an SSFA Accident Form. The ground control will forward the Accident Form to the SSFA with the match sheets.
- We will arrange for you (and your team’s manager) to be emailed detailed instructions on ‘how to’ lodge a Personal Claim Online.
After a game day
It is really important for your Coach/manager to fill out a SSFA Accident Form on game day – it’s the first piece of ‘evidence’ the injury has happened during your game for your insurance claim. If an Accident Form was forgotten to be filled out, your team’s coach or manager must advise GUFC’s secretary firstname.lastname@example.org of the incident. They should include Ground / Player’s Name / Date of Injury / Team / Nature of Injury / Any Remarks
Lodging an Insurance Claim Online
Injury Claim Process as advised by Football NSW –
o The claimant registers and completes the claim form online.
o The Club Declaration and Physician’s Statement forms are both downloaded and printed by the claimant from the claims portal.
o The Club Declaration is completed by the club and is then saved and uploaded to the claims portal by the claimant.
o The Physician’s Statement is completed by the claimant’s Doctor or Specialist and is then saved and uploaded to the claims portal by the claimant.
o Alternatively these documents can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Gow-Gates Claims, PO Box 4731, Sydney NSW 2001.
Injury claim forms are now completed online through the claims portal on the FNSW Insurance website.
- The online claim process enables claimants to apply and upload documents and receipts online for quicker processing.
- To lodge an injury claim go to Lodge your Claim online
For all enquiries regarding insurance, please contact Gow-Gates on (02) 8267 9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org