2021 Season Player Grading Schedule
Grading will take place over two days. Please keep an eye out for grading day/times on the website and Facebook page. Please check back 24 hours to confirm. Players must be registered before attending.
IMPORTANT NOTE: U6-U7 GRADING (PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS MUSTER)
GUFC grades junior players as we encourage all children to play with & against players of similar or equal ability which adds to the enjoyment of playing the game. This is also encouraged by the Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA) as previous experience has shown it is frustrating for any individual to play in a team in any sport, which is clearly above or below their level of ability. Once players are graded, all teams will be graded.
Due to the new grading process, we will require all players to attend our grading days. Players will need to wear shin pads, socks and football boots (any type of shorts/shirt is acceptable). For insurance purposes, all players will need to be registered with GUFC to participate in grading. To assist with COVID-19 restrictions, all players will be required to bring a light & dark coloured shirt to grading.
GRADING SESSIONS (UPDATED FOR WEEK 2)
If your age category is not on the below table then grading is completed and you do not need to attend a second session.
Monday, 15th February | Venue: Grays Point Oval
|4:30pm-6:00pm||U5/U6 Boys/mixed & Girls only teams|
|6:00pm-6:40pm||W8 (Girls only teams)|
|6:45pm-7:25pm||W9 (Girls only teams)|
Tuesday 16th February | Venue: Waratah Oval (Upper)
|6:30pm-7:10pm||W12 (Girls only teams)|
|6:30pm-7:10pm||W13 (Girls only teams)|
Wednesday, 17th February | Venue: Grays Point Oval
|5:30pm-6:10pm||W10 (Girls only teams)|
|6.15pm-6:55pm||W11 (Girls only teams)|
|7:00pm-7:45pm||W15 (Girls only teams)|
Sunday, 21st February | Venue: Grays Point Oval
|9:30am-10:30am||U13 (Boys/mixed teams)|
|10:30am-11:30am||U12 (Boys/mixed teams)|
|11:30am-12:30pm||U11 (Boys/mixed teams)|
|12:45pm-1:45pm||U8 (Boys/mixed teams)|
|1:45pm- 2:45pm||U9 (Boys/mixed teams)|
|2:45pm-3:45pm||U7 (Boys/mixed teams)|
All players must be registered before attending grading. It is important to remember that your registration is not accepted by GUFC until full payment has been received.
- U5/U6 & U7 – Players will be required to wear football boots & shin pads if available; Players can form teams amongst friends if desired. To assist with COVID-19 restrictions, all players will be required to bring a light & dark coloured shirt to grading
- Your child will be graded and placed in a team of similar ability to other players
- If you already have a team formed and consensus from all parents for the team to be graded as a whole, then this will also take place on grading day – perhaps you can have your players wear the same coloured shirts on grading day (not essential)
- If you have any questions regarding this process you can contact as follows:-Please email registrarU6-U7@gufc.com.au
- Very Important – Please also copy the following in your email
- Ages 8-18 – Players will need to attend grading and are to wear boots & shin pads; Players will be graded based on previous year ability with the additional assistance of grading staff (U18 teams can provide a team sheet for teams already formed); To assist with COVID-19 restrictions, all players will be required to bring a light & dark coloured shirt to grading
Times are subject to change. Please check website within 24 hours of grading day