A Member Protection Information Officer is the first point of contact for persons with member protection or child protection enquiries or complaints.
GUFC's Member Protection Information Officers are:
* Leanne Varney Ph 0409 544 477
* GUFC's President, Anthony Severino Ph 0404 653 301
You can also email Leanne or Anthony email@example.com if you need to contact them at any time.
They provide information and guidance on complaints procedures - they are the 'go to' person if you want to discuss problems, particularly if you are considering making an official complaint.
Please note Football NSW outline on official complaints:
An official complaint should be in writing and addressed to the Club Secretary or Club President. The person who signs the complaint must be able to be identified and be contactable. It is important to note that the person being complained about will be informed of the complaint and may be provided with a copy of the complaint as it is their right to be notified of any complaint made against them. An unsigned complaint, anonymous complaint or a rumour cannot be acted upon.
Working With Children Check
GUFC's MPIO Leanne Varney also organises the appropriate Working with Children Check for all GUFC coaches, managers, committee and helpers. The Working with Children Check plays an important part in safeguarding children involved in football and in providing a child safe and child friendly sport environment.
- The WWC Check is a mandatory NSW Government requirement.
- All paid employees working with children under 18 years MUST have a WWC Number.
- All volunteers working with children Under 18 MUST have a WWC Number (unless exempt)
- All clubs with registered players U18 MUST be compliant with the WWC Check.