GRADING UPDATE 16/2:
The following age groups are required tomorrow, Monday 17th February, to attend a second grading session at Kareela Oval:
* U08 – 5:30pm to 7:00pm
* U12 – 7:00pm to 8:15pm
ALL U08 players are required to attend, regardless if they are playing with friends or are being graded. Teams need to be finalised to send to SSFA and the club needs to ensure we have correct numbers in each team, select coaches & managers. Unfortunately, if U08 players are unable to attend tomorrow, we will not be able to accommodate any specific requests afterwards.
Coaches & Managers will be provided team sheets AS SOON AS POSSIBLE in the next couple of weeks after SSFA grading (and grading protests) is completed.
We understand that this is short notice although given the recent weather, ground availability and time deadlines provided by SSFA, we need to utilise the time and space available to enable the Gymea United Football Club to grade players and teams as accurately as possible, providing an enjoyable season ahead.
We trust you are sympathetic to our request and to all those volunteers at the club who help arrange a fantastic tournament for one of the largest clubs in the country.
- All players must be registered before attending grading. It is important to remember that your registration is not accepted by GUFC until full payment has been received.
- All grading is held at Gymea Bay Oval unless advised it will be held at Kareela Oval 2, Princes Highway, Kirrawee
- u5,u6 and u7 are ‘musters’ only. Players won’t play games and are not required to wear uniform/boots. The kids are simply organised into teams with friends and/or new friends. Teams will also need to nominate their coach and manager. Teams will then be graded in the following weeks. This message is for all of our U6 and U7 players for 2020. If you missed our annual muster day we would ask you to help us with trying to form teams via email. If your child already has a team can someone from your team email the names (including manager and coach if possible) to: Cathyda@live.com
If you know that your child wants to play with another friend(s) but does not have a team formed can you please also email this information to the above email address. Please include the school your child attends (if applicable). If you have no formed team and your child does not know anyone please also email us with this information and perhaps you can tell us whether you are from ie Yowie Bay kindy etc. Regardless of your circumstances please remember to let us know the following:
– whether you want your child to play in a single gender team or you prefer a mixed team
– if you will be away every second week or the majority of the season etc
Remember we suggest only 5-6 players per team. Please share this post around so that we can get the majority of our teams formed
- u8-u18 (girls and boys) – must attend two grading sessions – details will be advised ASAP. Please wear boots and shin pads and bring a water bottle. If you are not able to attend at least one of the grading sessions, please email email@example.com. Players will be graded based on previous year ability with the additional assistance of grading staff. For more information on u18/W18 grading, please see grading information for all u18/w18 players>>.
- If you are not able to attend at least one of the grading sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any player wishing to play goalkeeper should notify the grading panel on grading day.
Times are subject to change. Please check website within 24 hours of your grading day!
Please remember your water bottles, sunscreen, hat & clothing that covers as much skin as possible … see also <<FNSW Hot Weather Policy>>