The Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA) competition rules in full are available here>>
Commonly referred to rules
- Every player must wear the same GUFC shorts, GUFC shirts and GUFC socks and protective shin pads
- All players must wear protective shin pads
- A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to themselves or another player (including any kind of jewellery eg wedding ring)
- All u12+ players must have a unique number on the back of their playing strip shirt - shirt number is available at ground control, Gymea Bay Oval at no cost
- A player requiring to wear sports (safety) glasses to play competition games must have the glasses approved by the SSFA before they can
be worn. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for how to have the glasses approved.
Preseason training / trialling
From SSFA: please be advised that pre season activity (training, trials, kick around', etc) must be sanctioned by the SSFA, via your club secretary email@example.com, prior to any such activity being permitted on Council land or even at a private facility. Without said approval players, coaches, managers and club officials are not covered by the FNSW sourced Directors and Officers Insurance, Public Liability Insurance and Player Insurance.
- Ensure that FFA numbers for all players are on the match sheet and ID cards sighted on the field BEFORE each game
- Teams U12 upwards MUST have a shirt number shown on match sheet
- Any borrowed player must have FFA number, team, grade and shirt no. (if applicable) put on the match sheet. u10 and u11 players are not required to have shirt numbering
- After the game, the team coach or manager verifies the result entered by the referee, ticks the appropriate boxes and signs the match sheet.
- Make sure your match ball is of correct size and properly inflated. Failure to take it to the game incurs a $50 fine.