The Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA) competition rules in full are available here>>
Commonly referred to rules
- Ensure that FFA numbers for all players are on the match sheet and ID cards sighted on the field BEFORE each game ($200 fine if this isn’t done)
- Teams U12 upwards MUST have a shirt number shown on match sheet
- Any borrowed player must have FFA number, team, grade and shirt no. (if applicable) put on the match sheet
- After the game, verify the result entered by the referee, tick the appropriate boxes and sign the match sheet.
- Make sure your match ball is of correct size and properly inflated. Failure to take it to the game incurs a $50 fine.
- Every player must wear the same GUFC shorts, GUFC shirts and GUFC socks and protective shin pads
- All players must wear protective shin pads.
- A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to themselves or another player (including any kind of jewellery).
- A player requiring to wear sports (safety) glasses to play competition games must have the glasses approved by the SSFA before they can