Important Info for ALL u18 & jw18 2018 Players14 January 2018
To players registering to play in u18 or jw18’s for 2018:
As you are aware Gymea United Football Club ('GUFC') ONLY grades individual players for A Grade teams in the Under 18’s. GUFC would like to clarify to all players the club’s grading policy for this particular age group. U18 boys and girls playing at GUFC will be graded in the following way:
- A number of grading days will be scheduled and advertised to all under 18 players, boys and girls. Players wanting to trial for the A grade sides should attend the first week's grading session and will be graded for 2 or 3 sessions over the 2 week grading period.
- Other registered players have the opportunity of playing with friends and putting together a team sheet which is brought to the second week's grading night in February (dates/venue will be advertised on the club website). The team sheet will not be accepted unless it comes with a nominated coach/manager and their details. This must be an adult prepared to take responsibility for the side.
- The club will do its best to honour all requests. HOWEVER all players/coaches and parents need to understand that the GUFC grading panel has the right to add players to any of these sides as and if required. As a club that takes pride in providing an opportunity for all players we would always endeavour to ensure all players registering at GUFC have a spot in a team. GUFC is keen to ensure players that have long term commitments with GUFC do not miss out on playing in a team and that players who are unsuccessful in A Grade selection can be found a spot in a suitable team.
- It is compulsory that ALL players put on a team sheet are registered to play with GUFC. Players registered will be given preference over players that are not yet registered.
- All players are expected to attend the second week grading night allocated to 18’s. This allows the club to ensure all registered players have been catered for and any confusion/ issues can be sorted on the night. Where players are absent due to work commitments they should communicate with the grading panel to assist with being put in a respective side ... email firstname.lastname@example.org
All players during their junior development are graded at GUFC, in U18’s GUFC look to transition players to senior football by allowing players more discretion over who they play football with. GUFC obviously has the final say in makeup of teams but much of the clubs strength at a senior level is built around cohesive teams.
If there are any concerns please feel free to contact email@example.com to discuss further.