Coaches are integral to the football experience at GUFC and we’re very appreciative existing and new coaches.
All GUFC teams require a coach and all our coaches are volunteers from within the club – parents, players and others interested in football.
Coaches don’t have to be experienced or qualified to get involved. Skills and experience vary according to age group/grade, but generally we ask all GUFC coaches have:
- passion for football
- a good understanding of the game
- good people skills
- high level commitment to fair play and good sportsmanship.
Coaches and coach education are key to player enjoyment and development. Coaches at GUFC are supported by:
- Regular emails and updates
- Free training courses and coaching sessions throughout the season
- training and resources for coaches
Interested in coaching at GUFC?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to the GUFC grading panel and/or committee at grading days