VERY IMPORTANT – please read before registering to play the 2019 season:
* players U10 and upwards MUST upload a new photo. Please take this photo in landscape and have this photo ready & saved BEFORE you commence your registration. 2018 photos have NOT been transferred to the new system. Please refer to our website for photo guidelines but if you adhere to the passport photo rules you cannot go wrong….but you can smile
* if you are wanting to use an Active Kids Voucher then please apply for this voucher PRIOR to commencing your registration
The issues are being experienced across all clubs and your patience is appreciated whilst we all try and embrace this new system. If you have logged a ticket with support at Playfootball please feel free to send your enquiry also to our Registrar so that we can try to address everyone’s issues.
Welcome to the 2019 season!
GUFC Registrations open, Friday 4th January, to play football for the 2019 season!
GUFC Registrations will be open until the following:
- U08 – U18 – 3rd February, 4pm. Some age groups may be reopened depending on team numbers (late fees will apply).
- U06 – U07 – 8th February, Midnight. If you have not registered and paid by the above dates please be aware that your registration may not be accepted.
- W21, U21 and up – 14th February Midnight. Late fees will apply from 15th February. In order to play Round 1, you must be registered by 4th March 2019.
Online & in person registration will close for U08 to U18 age groups at 4pm sharp on Sunday 3rd February, however some age groups may be reopened, depending on numbers.
STEP 1 – REGISTER www.playfootball.com.au
All players must self-register online @ www.playfootball.com.au
We are an Active Kids Provider, if you wish to claim your Active Kids Voucher for your soccer registration (available January 1st 2019 for U06-U18 players only, attending school). Apply for your voucher online:
Note: Please apply for the active kids voucher code before registering with www.playfootball.com.au
Register and pay online at www.playfootball.com.au
Register and pay on line (Visa or MasterCard only accepted). All SSFA players need to upload a new photo for 2019.
If you have any problems or queries with online registration please see the SSFA’s Step by Step Registration Guide or contact:
Playfootball Support Centre on (02) 8880 7983- hours of operation Monday to Friday 9am-9pm and Saturdays 10am-4pm or use the online contact form https://support.playfootball.com.au/support/home
BRAND NEW players, ie never played before in the Sutherland Shire, need to attend our clubhouse in-person on a GUFC registration day to bring in original documents (see below) for sighting by committee.
Venue: Gymea Bay Oval Clubhouse
- Sunday 20th January – 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday 23rd January – 6pm to 8pm
- Wednesday 30th January – 6pm to 8pm
- Sunday 3rd February – 10am to 4pm
Registrations will close as above, until team numbers in each age group are sorted and will reopen shortly after, for age groups that require additional numbers.
If you have NOT registered and paid by the dates as above please be aware that your registration may NOT be accepted, depending on team numbers.
|Age Group||Registration Fee up until 4pm, 3rd February||Registration Fee after 4pm, 3rd February|
|U06 & U07||$140||$140|
|U08 & U09 & U10||$140||$160|
|U12 & W12||$200||$220|
|U13, U14 & W14||$200||$220|
|U15, U16 & W16||$200||$220|
|U18 & W18||$240||$260|
|Registration Fee up until 14th February||Registration Fee from 15th February|
|U21 & W21||$295||$345|
|Senior (All Age, O35, O45, SW & W30)||$325||$375|
Please note: no glasses to be worn in ID photographs, unless they are sports glasses. The following documentation is required for EC approval of sports glasses:
- photo of player with sports glasses on eg the FFA profile photo in MFC.
- letter from optometrist detailing the type of glasses purchased (with player name) and their specifications, including specific mention of the make, material and durability.
- Manufacturers specification of the sports glasses.
Every new registered player, junior and senior, to the Sutherland Shire Football Association (never played with a SSFA club) must be identified. Every player need to provide proof Date of Birth and Proof of Residency:
Proof of Birth include:
* original Birth Certificate
* Passport or
* Drivers Licence
Proof of Shire Residency include:
* a Current Driver’s Licence with the address unaltered since issue or renewal. (Driver’s Licence with RMS endorsed change of address on the back will NOT be accepted as proof of residence.)
* a recent document from a Government Department or Financial Institution
Telephone and Mobile Phone Accounts will NOT be accepted
Note: for Juniors regarding Residency parents must show residency documents, as above, or if a child doesn’t live in the Shire but goes to school in the Shire, a letter from the school confirming 2019 attendance or a 2019 school ID.
Important: SSFA ID cards will NOT be issued to players who have not had sighting of documents approved by SSFA.
$30 per senior player (U21 and over)
$15 per junior player (U6-U18 inclusive)
If you are registering online, please pay in full and email email@example.com to check eligibility.
To be eligible you must:
- register three or more players
- be a spouse, de facto spouse, father, mother, brother, sister, son or daughter (including step) grandfather, grandmother, granddaughter or grandson living in the same residence.
$21.17 per player Full Time Tertiary Students can claim the Student discount when registering online.
To be eligible you must be:
- over 19 years of age
- full time student
Email firstname.lastname@example.org proof you are a student e.g. photo of Student ID Card
If you are registering online, you can obtain the student discount
STEP 2 – UNIFORMS
All players registered with GUFC must wear the official club uniform:
- GUFC playing short $25
- GUFC playing shirt $35
- GUFC playing socks $10
Uniforms and merchandise will be on sale at various times during February and March – watch website for details.
STEP 3 – GRADING
U06 – U07 must attend our muster day Monday 11th February, Gymea Bay Oval.
All U08 – U18 MUST attend Grading.
Full details on grading dates/venues will be advertised on our website www.gufc.com.au as soon as possible.
Any enquiries, please email email@example.com
Calendar for important dates.
- Saturday 23rd March – MiniRoo and Saturday Competition begins
- Sunday 24th March – Sunday Competition begins
Important note: the weekend of 20/21 April (between rounds 4 & 5 will be an Easter Holiday break)
Please keep yourself up-to-date during the season. Here’s how:
- Visit our website www.gufc.com.au
- Sign up to the weekly e-newsletter – sign up at www.gufc.com.au/about-gufc/gufc-enews
- ‘LIKE’ our Facebook page www.facebook.com/gymeaunitedfc
- Check the club calendar – available at www.gufc.com.au
- Your team coach and manager – make sure your team’s manager and coach have your correct email address & mobile number
- ‘FOLLOW’ our Instagram #gufcgiants and post your photos using our hashtag #gufcgiants
Late registration: As you can see in the above table, higher registration fees apply $20 (U8-U10), $20 (U11-U18) and $50 (U21 and over).
Payment of registration: It is important to remember that your registration is not accepted by GUFC until full payment has been received. Late fees will apply, refer to above table. Fees must be paid in full before players can attend grading, training or trial games. No player is covered by insurance until they are registered.
Refunds: Any player withdrawing from a team after the completion of grading will forfeit a percentage of his/her SSFA fees.
If you are still having problems after accessing the information on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Gymea United Football Club