GUFC is a friendly and family-oriented club. We welcome players of all ages and abilities.
As one of the largest clubs in the Sutherland Shire competition, we had over 1,566 registered players and 130+ teams in 2017. We field a wide range of teams in just about every competition age group and grade.
Common Q&A's for new members
To get involved in football at GUFC, there are a few basics you need to know:
- Season: the football season runs from April to August each year
- Registration: all players must register to play. Registration usually occurs in January until early February each year. Go to our calendar at this time for exact registration dates
- Uniforms: all players will need to purchase a club uniform, available at registration time or at other times before the season starts
- watch this website for uniform shop opening times
- Team placement/grading: once registered, the club advises you of grading days from which you'll be placed in a team.
Children right through to the "young at heart" can play football. Children must be turning five in the calendar year to play.
You don't need a team to play in junior teams. Individuals register and GUFC places and/or grades all participants into suitable teams.
Season kick off is in late March/early April and runs right through until August. Please note that football is played every weekend in each school holidays