Gymea United Football Club Inc ensures people, young and old, can experience and benefit from the great game of football.
Part of the Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA), we’re one of Australia’s largest football clubs and pride ourselves on being family-oriented, friendly and committed to ensuring football is enjoyed by everyone.
GUFC is a club for all ages and levels of experience. Whether you’re a beginner or a talented player, we have teams for everyone.
A little history
Established in 1960, GUFC started out as Gymea Sports Club, which included Soccer, Rugby League, Cricket, Netball, Athletics. The first meeting for the Soccer Club was held on the 12th February 1960 and seven teams were entered into the Sutherland Association competition. Today, GUFC is one of the strongest in the Sutherland Shire. We field 1,600+ players each season across 138+ teams.
Our vision and values
“Gymea United Football Club is committed to ensuring football is enjoyed by as many individuals as possible. We are strongly community focussed and strive, through our actions and culture, to enrich the lives of our extended family.”
GUFC strives to be:
- A great place to enjoy football
- Safe, supportive and harassment-free.
Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA)
GUFC is part of the Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA). Twenty-seven clubs make up the SSFA:
Sutherland Sharks, Bangor, Bonnet Bay, Bundeena, Barden Ridge, Como West-Jannali, Cronulla RSL, Cronulla Seagulls, Engadine Crusaders, Engadine Eagles, Georges River, Grays Point, Gwawley Bay, Gymea United, Heathcote, Kirrawee, Lilli Pilli, Loftus Yarrawarrah, Marton, Menai Hawks, Miranda Magpies, Caringbah Redbacks, North Sutherland, Bosco, St. Patricks, Sylvania Heights and Sutherland Titans.
The SSFA offer a wide range of competitions for players of all ages (5 years and over) and abilities. The size of GUFC means we field teams in just about all groups and divisions. SSFA competitions include:
- U6, u7, u8, u9, u10, u11 and u12 age groups (boys and girls combined)
- u13, u14, u15, u16, u18 and u21 age groups for young men
- Junior women (JW), including jw12, jw14, jw16, jw18 and jw21
- Senior women (SW), including all-age divisions and over 30’s
- Senior men, including all-age divisions, over 35’s and over 45’s
For all age-driven competitions, the age you turn during the calendar year determines the age group you play in.
GUFC is an incorporated association, governed by a constitution which guides our activities and decision making. Download our constitution>>
Like most sports clubs, GUFC is managed by a committee of volunteers. The committee is made of mums, dads, players and others interested in their
community and football.
The GUFC committee attends monthly meetings to discuss club business, development and issues.
When: Third Monday of every month
Where: Gymea Bay Clubhouse
Key committee meeting dates:
- March – August meetings inclusive: general meetings – all club members are welcome to attend these general meetings. Meetings in other months are only open to the management committee.
- July meeting: Nomination and election of committee
- November meeting: Annual General Meeting, including handover to new committee