24 June 2016
UPDATED WITH FIXTURES. The SSFA EC determined the following in relation to Sunday Round 11 (19 June 2016) - as a direct result of the wet weather experienced on the day and matches that were not played or were abandoned mid game...read more
Great Music | Meet New People | Great Fun
Friday & Saturday Nights 9pm-3am
Teams on ground control duty are ...
Saturday, 2 July, Round 13 &
Sunday, 3 July, Round 12:
Gymea Bay Oval
Saturday - 6B1, 7A, 9D2, 6D3, 12A1, 13C
Sunday - W21C, AL13
Saturday - 14C, 18D
Sunday - W21A/1, AL9/1
Saturday - 10B, 10C, 11A, 11B
Sunday - W18B, WSC/2
27 - u8-u12 Goalkeeper Training - POSTPONED
2 - Rd 13, Saturday teams + team photos*
3 - Rd 12, Sunday teams, Semi Final State Cup
4/5 - GUFC & SFA School Holiday Camp
9 - Rd 14, Saturday teams*
10 - Rd 13, Sunday teams
11/12 - GUFC & SFA School Holiday Camp
16 - Rd 15, Saturday teams*
17 - Rd 14, Sunday teams, Final State Cup
23 - Rd 16, Saturday teams
24 - Rd 15, Sunday teams
* School holidays - all games play
3 - Junior Presentation
17 - Senior Presentation, Gymea Hotel
GUFC History - 1960
* Founding meeting held 12th February in Gymea Bay Public School Hall, attended by 21 individuals.
* Cyril O'Neill appointed Foundation President.
* Originally called Gymea Sports Club and affiliated with Sutherland Association. 7 teams registered.
- Fees: joining fee 2/- playing fee 1/- per week per child
- Family support fee of 5/-
* Uniform was a white t-shirt with green V and stripe sewn on by the committee. Purchased shorts & sox.
* Season commenced 2nd April. Three Englishmen (Banks, Bowles & Hewles) coached the teams.
Photo of the first committee is pictured
(photo courtesy of Yvonne Brennan, Ken Williams' daughter)
Back row: ? ? ? Ron Rich ? Alex Schmierer
Front row: Roy Anderson, Cyril O'Neil, Ken Williams, Stan Ellis, Steve Townsend
GUFC History - 1977
* The 21A's won 1997 Champion of Champions competition.
* Greg & Shirley Harris & Ada Smith were made Life Members.
* Maureen Hibbins was producing the weekly newsletter.
- Ladies help to type information on to "skins" and they are printed by a Gestetner machine.
- Teams then rostered to collate and put into pigeon holes in Ground Control office.
- One newsletter was produced per family.
Photo is of Jean Fisher holding the Champion of Champions Trophy - Bill Fisher, GUFC Life Member is standing behind his wife
1977 Committee - Greg Harris (Pr), L. Dean (VP), S. Ellis (VP), D. Charles (Tr), Alan McAlpine (Sec) Ada Smith (SR), V. Robson (Cant), Ken Hutchinson (GC), Bev Nelson (Soc), Maureen Hibbins (Pub), John Formica (Gear), Shirley Harris (A/Sec), Max Cameron (SD), P. Girdler (JD), Terry Hibbins (Tour), General committee - K Edgell, B McAlpine, L Beaumont