18 Sep 2016
Each year at Junior & Senior Presentation, GUFC presents two important club awards, Giant of the Year - outstanding services by a volunteer committee person & President's Award - outstanding services by a volunteer. Congratulations to Sue Brann and Cherie Donoghue on being this season's recipients.read more
05 Sep 2016
The SSFA is pleased to support The University of Sydney as it undertakes a research study to develop Knowledge of Concussion in the Sporting Community.read more
All interested parties are invited to take part in this study; that will help to improve our understanding of concussion recognition and management in those persons most closely associated with a player who sustains a head knock or concussion, particularly those involved with youth and adolescent players, as well as players themselves.
Great Music | Meet New People | Great Fun
Friday & Saturday Nights 9pm-3am
Phone in your order on 9524 5474 or
drop by the shop at
130 Wyralla Road Miranda.
More Than Meat is more than just your friendly local butcher!read more
Champion of Champions
The Champion of Champions tournament is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the footballing calendar, with champions from each association pitted against each other in a battle for supremacy.
Congratulations to GUFC's 16A for qualifying for this year's Football NSW Champion of Champions competition.
ROUND 2 - Sunday 25th September
UNDER 16 - KANWAL FC V. GYMEA UNITED
Lost 1-0 :-(
UNDER 16 - MACARTHUR V. GYMEA UNITED
WON 2-1 Good Luck in Round 2
9 - Round 3, Champion of Champions
16 - Semi Final, Champion of Champions
23 - Final, Champion of Champions
21 - Annual General Meeting, Gymea Bay Oval Hall, 7.30pm
2 - 2017 Registrations Open
GUFC History - 1960
* Founding meeting held 12th February in Gymea Bay Public School Hall, attended by 21 individuals.
* Cyril O'Neill appointed Foundation President.
* Originally called Gymea Sports Club and affiliated with Sutherland Association. 7 teams registered.
- Fees: joining fee 2/- playing fee 1/- per week per child
- Family support fee of 5/-
* Uniform was a white t-shirt with green V and stripe sewn on by the committee. Purchased shorts & sox.
* Season commenced 2nd April. Three Englishmen (Banks, Bowles & Hewles) coached the teams.
Photo of the first committee is pictured
(photo courtesy of Yvonne Brennan, Ken Williams' daughter)
Back row: ? ? ? Ron Rich ? Alex Schmierer
Front row: Roy Anderson, Cyril O'Neil, Ken Williams, Stan Ellis, Steve Townsend
GUFC History - 1977
* The 21A's won 1977 Champion of Champions competition.
* Greg & Shirley Harris & Ada Smith were made Life Members.
* Maureen Hibbins was producing the weekly newsletter.
- Ladies help to type information on to "skins" and they are printed by a Gestetner machine.
- Teams then rostered to collate and put into pigeon holes in Ground Control office.
- One newsletter was produced per family.
Photo is of Jean Fisher holding the Champion of Champions Trophy - Bill Fisher, GUFC Life Member is standing behind his wife
1977 Committee - Greg Harris (Pr), L. Dean (VP), S. Ellis (VP), D. Charles (Tr), Alan McAlpine (Sec) Ada Smith (SR), V. Robson (Cant), Ken Hutchinson (GC), Bev Nelson (Soc), Maureen Hibbins (Pub), John Formica (Gear), Shirley Harris (A/Sec), Max Cameron (SD), P. Girdler (JD), Terry Hibbins (Tour), General committee - K Edgell, B McAlpine, L Beaumont