Ground Status: ALL FIELDS OPEN
23 July 2016
Congratulations, it is a great achievement to play for one club for 10+ continuous seasons. The following people are receiving service awards this year. The uniform shop at ground control, Gymea Bay Oval will be open next Wednesday evening, 27th July, 7pm until 8pm, for all service award recipients to try on jackets and get your sizing right.read more
21 July 2016
Competition teams placed in the first four positions of their table will compete in the Sutherland Shire Football Association’s Finals Series.read more
Over the weekend of 6th & 7th August, 4th placed teams will be drawn against 3rd placed teams and 2nd placed teams will be drawn to play minor premiers in the semi-final of each competition.
or by direct deposit into GUFC's general account:
Account No: 1010 0492
Name: Gymea United Football Club
Ref Details: PRES Team & Persons Name
(e.g. PRES 45B M New)
Teams on ground control duty are ...
Saturday, 30 July, Round 17 &
Sunday, 31 July, Round 16:
Gymea Bay Oval
Saturday - W6A1, 7B, W9C, 8A, 9A, 18D
Sunday - WSB, AL8/1
Saturday - 12E, 16B
Sunday - W21A/1, AL8/2
Saturday - 10C, W10B, 11A, 11B
30 July - Round 17, Saturday teams
31 July - Round 16, Sunday teams
6 - Semi Finals + u11 Gala Day (all u11 teams)
7 - Semi Finals, Sunday teams
13 - Finals + u11 Gala Day (finalists only)
14 - Finals, Sunday teams
20 - Grand Finals, Saturday teams
21 - Grand Finals, Sunday teams
27/28 - Spare Days for Washed Out Finals
3 - Junior Presentation
17 - Senior Presentation, Gymea Hotel
2 - 2017 Registrations Open
GUFC History - 1960
* Founding meeting held 12th February in Gymea Bay Public School Hall, attended by 21 individuals.
* Cyril O'Neill appointed Foundation President.
* Originally called Gymea Sports Club and affiliated with Sutherland Association. 7 teams registered.
- Fees: joining fee 2/- playing fee 1/- per week per child
- Family support fee of 5/-
* Uniform was a white t-shirt with green V and stripe sewn on by the committee. Purchased shorts & sox.
* Season commenced 2nd April. Three Englishmen (Banks, Bowles & Hewles) coached the teams.
Photo of the first committee is pictured
(photo courtesy of Yvonne Brennan, Ken Williams' daughter)
Back row: ? ? ? Ron Rich ? Alex Schmierer
Front row: Roy Anderson, Cyril O'Neil, Ken Williams, Stan Ellis, Steve Townsend
GUFC History - 1977
* The 21A's won 1977 Champion of Champions competition.
* Greg & Shirley Harris & Ada Smith were made Life Members.
* Maureen Hibbins was producing the weekly newsletter.
- Ladies help to type information on to "skins" and they are printed by a Gestetner machine.
- Teams then rostered to collate and put into pigeon holes in Ground Control office.
- One newsletter was produced per family.
Photo is of Jean Fisher holding the Champion of Champions Trophy - Bill Fisher, GUFC Life Member is standing behind his wife
1977 Committee - Greg Harris (Pr), L. Dean (VP), S. Ellis (VP), D. Charles (Tr), Alan McAlpine (Sec) Ada Smith (SR), V. Robson (Cant), Ken Hutchinson (GC), Bev Nelson (Soc), Maureen Hibbins (Pub), John Formica (Gear), Shirley Harris (A/Sec), Max Cameron (SD), P. Girdler (JD), Terry Hibbins (Tour), General committee - K Edgell, B McAlpine, L Beaumont