CLOSED Thursday 25/8
Special Offer for GUFC Members from Gymea Hotel ... 15% discount off all team 'End of Season' dinners < See Details >
25 August 2016
***TICKETS ON SALE AT GROUND CONTROL, GBO - WEDNESDAY, 31 AUGUST, 6.30PM-7.30PM***read more
All tickets purchased before end of August go into draw to win 1 of 3 $25 vouchers for Gymea Hotel
Tickets now available for Senior Presentation (all u21+ teams)
Hope you can join us for a great night out ...
21 August 2016
What a great weekend of grand finals for GUFC's teams. Each match was hard fought, with small margins and several going to extra time and ending up draws. GUFC is proud of all our teams' efforts - it's an amazing achievement to reach a grand final. Well done players, coaches, managers and supporters.read more
Congratulations 2016 Premiers: JW12B, 45D, JW21A/1, 13C, 18F, 35F, JW14D, AL3, AL12, SWC/1
Congratulations 2016 Runners Up: AL1, AL9/2, JW14A, 16A, 16B, 18D, SWB, 12D, AL13
Great Music | Meet New People | Great Fun
Friday & Saturday Nights 9pm-3am
GUFC Senior Presentation @ Gymea Hotel
***All tickets purchased before end of August go into draw to win 1 of 3 $25 vouchers for Gymea Hotel***
Tickets available at Gymea Bay Oval Ground Control this Wednesday, 31st August, 6.30pm-7.30pm or by direct deposit into GUFC's general account:
BSB: 062177 Account No: 1010 0492
Name: Gymea United Football Club
Ref Details: PRES Team & Persons Name (eg PRES 45B M New)
GUFC History - 1960
* Founding meeting held 12th February in Gymea Bay Public School Hall, attended by 21 individuals.
* Cyril O'Neill appointed Foundation President.
* Originally called Gymea Sports Club and affiliated with Sutherland Association. 7 teams registered.
- Fees: joining fee 2/- playing fee 1/- per week per child
- Family support fee of 5/-
* Uniform was a white t-shirt with green V and stripe sewn on by the committee. Purchased shorts & sox.
* Season commenced 2nd April. Three Englishmen (Banks, Bowles & Hewles) coached the teams.
Photo of the first committee is pictured
(photo courtesy of Yvonne Brennan, Ken Williams' daughter)
Back row: ? ? ? Ron Rich ? Alex Schmierer
Front row: Roy Anderson, Cyril O'Neil, Ken Williams, Stan Ellis, Steve Townsend
GUFC History - 1977
* The 21A's won 1977 Champion of Champions competition.
* Greg & Shirley Harris & Ada Smith were made Life Members.
* Maureen Hibbins was producing the weekly newsletter.
- Ladies help to type information on to "skins" and they are printed by a Gestetner machine.
- Teams then rostered to collate and put into pigeon holes in Ground Control office.
- One newsletter was produced per family.
Photo is of Jean Fisher holding the Champion of Champions Trophy - Bill Fisher, GUFC Life Member is standing behind his wife
1977 Committee - Greg Harris (Pr), L. Dean (VP), S. Ellis (VP), D. Charles (Tr), Alan McAlpine (Sec) Ada Smith (SR), V. Robson (Cant), Ken Hutchinson (GC), Bev Nelson (Soc), Maureen Hibbins (Pub), John Formica (Gear), Shirley Harris (A/Sec), Max Cameron (SD), P. Girdler (JD), Terry Hibbins (Tour), General committee - K Edgell, B McAlpine, L Beaumont