We recently held our annual general meeting where it became apparent unless we fill key vacant 2017 committee positions soon, ie Honorary Secretary, Head Coach & Minute Secretary, next year's team grading & trial games will unfortunately be limited for players. If you can spare some time each week to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anthony on 0404 653 301 to discuss what’s involved. PLEASE consider helping out – GUFC needs you!
03 January 2017
Welcome to the 2017 season at Gymea United FC. Please find following details for 2017 registration.read more
Please note: MyFootballClub has been experiencing some problems, if you are unable to login please try again in a couple of hours. All player registrations must be done through MFC ... even if you come to the hall to register on one of our registration days you will still need to register through MFC at the hall.
31 December 2016
To players registering to play in u18 or jw18’s for 2017:read more
As you are aware Gymea United Football Club ('GUFC') ONLY grades individual players for A Grade teams in the Under 18’s. GUFC would like to clarify to all players the club’s grading policy for this particular age group. U18 boys and girls playing at GUFC will be graded in the following way:
Great Music | Meet New People | Great Fun
Friday & Saturday Nights 9pm-3am
The following age groups must upload a new photo onto their registration page in MyFootballClub this year:
- All players playing in the U10 age group for 2017 (as they require a photo this year)
- the SSFA require that all photos must be updated this year for all U14 boys and girls, all U18 boys and girls plus all returning players whose photo is more than 3 years old.
- ALL NEW players U10 and above
* ensure the photo is a passport style image of the head only (approx 122 pixels x 156 pixels)
* hats and sunglasses should not be worn
* no glasses to be worn in ID photos, unless they are sports glasses (special approval from SSFA is required Read more regarding approval>>)
We recommend not using an Apple device when using MFC as you could experience many timeouts etc.
January4 - 2017 Registrations Open
28 - Registration, Gymea Bay Oval Hall 12-4pm
29 - Registration, Gymea Bay Oval Hall 10-4pm
29 - Registration Closes, 4pm sharp
see timetable - Grading u8-u16
13 - u5/6 & u7 muster
see timetable - Grading for u18 & jw18 'A' teams only
6 - Coaches & Managers Meeting
18/19 - Gala Day & Trial Games
25/26 - Round 1
1/2 - Round 2
GUFC History - 1960
* Founding meeting held 12th February in Gymea Bay Public School Hall, attended by 21 individuals.
* Cyril O'Neill appointed Foundation President.
* Originally called Gymea Sports Club and affiliated with Sutherland Association. 7 teams registered.
- Fees: joining fee 2/- playing fee 1/- per week per child
- Family support fee of 5/-
* Uniform was a white t-shirt with green V and stripe sewn on by the committee. Purchased shorts & sox.
* Season commenced 2nd April. Three Englishmen (Banks, Bowles & Hewles) coached the teams.
Photo of the first committee is pictured (photo courtesy of Yvonne Brennan, Ken Williams' daughter)
Back: ? ? ? Ron Rich ? Alex Schmierer
Front: Roy Anderson, Cyril O'Neil, Ken Williams, Stan Ellis, Steve Townsend
GUFC History - 1963
"The end of season Gala Days on the oval were enjoyed by all the families. This was in the era before female soccer so the Mothers versus Fathers game was always a highlight. One year Laurie Dean dressed as a woman including balloons for a pregnancy. After running out onto the field with the mothers’ team to much laughter he ‘collapsed’ on the ground and was ‘rescued’ by some fathers who threw him into a wheelbarrow and wheeled him off the field. A great joke enjoyed by everyone"
(excerpt from "Memories - Harry Basterfield, Life Member")
See 'GUFC History' Tab (above right) on the website for more photos and memoriesread more