11 October 2016
The Shire Beer and BBQ Festival presented by The Gymea Hotel. Sunday 30th Oct 2016 11am - 9pm. We’ve got 6 of Sydney’s top BBQ and street food vendors firing up for your indulgence.read more
Sit down and relax with the family and enjoy some tasty food and drinks with great entertainment.
Featuring some great craft beers from ...
03 October 2016
"GUFC is totally operated by volunteers consisting of the committee, coaches, managers, parents, family members and other stakeholders. The Club exists, runs and flourishes due to their planning, dedication, and self-less and tireless efforts. We thank each and every one of our volunteers who make “everything happen” each week."read more
Please read Full President's Report ...
Great Music | Meet New People | Great Fun
Friday & Saturday Nights 9pm-3am
Phone in your order on 9524 5474 or
drop by the shop at
130 Wyralla Road Miranda.
More Than Meat is more than just your friendly local butcher!read more
Football NSW RCY Trials
Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA) advises that trials for the FNSW Boys Regional Conference Youth (RCY) Representative Teams will be held at
Harrie Dening Centre, Bates Drive, Kareela.
All details on the competition structure and eligibility criteria is on the SSFA website.
Trials have been set down for the period Sunday 20 November through to Monday 28 November.
All players are expected to attend all trial dates and times for their age group. Specific times and dates for each age group are as advised on the SSFA website (www.shirefootball.com).
Players interested in trialling are requested to complete (and submit) the form located at http://shirefootball.com.au/representatives/registration/ssfa-rcy-trial-registration-for-2017-season to Register their attendance at the trials.
Regards, Jeff Stewart, SSFA General Manager
Important: AGM date has changed to
Monday, 5 December at Gymea Bay Oval Hall, 7.30pm
2 - 2017 Registrations Open
# - Registration, Gymea Bay Oval Hall
# - Grading u8-u16
Grading for u18 & jw18 'A' teams only
GUFC History - 1960
* Founding meeting held 12th February in Gymea Bay Public School Hall, attended by 21 individuals.
* Cyril O'Neill appointed Foundation President.
* Originally called Gymea Sports Club and affiliated with Sutherland Association. 7 teams registered.
- Fees: joining fee 2/- playing fee 1/- per week per child
- Family support fee of 5/-
* Uniform was a white t-shirt with green V and stripe sewn on by the committee. Purchased shorts & sox.
* Season commenced 2nd April. Three Englishmen (Banks, Bowles & Hewles) coached the teams.
Photo of the first committee is pictured
(photo courtesy of Yvonne Brennan, Ken Williams' daughter)
Back row: ? ? ? Ron Rich ? Alex Schmierer
Front row: Roy Anderson, Cyril O'Neil, Ken Williams, Stan Ellis, Steve Townsend
GUFC History - 1977
* The 21A's won 1977 Champion of Champions competition.
* Greg & Shirley Harris & Ada Smith were made Life Members.
* Maureen Hibbins was producing the weekly newsletter.
- Ladies help to type information on to "skins" and they are printed by a Gestetner machine.
- Teams then rostered to collate and put into pigeon holes in Ground Control office.
- One newsletter was produced per family.
Photo is of Jean Fisher holding the Champion of Champions Trophy - Bill Fisher, GUFC Life Member is standing behind his wife
1977 Committee - Greg Harris (Pr), L. Dean (VP), S. Ellis (VP), D. Charles (Tr), Alan McAlpine (Sec) Ada Smith (SR), V. Robson (Cant), Ken Hutchinson (GC), Bev Nelson (Soc), Maureen Hibbins (Pub), John Formica (Gear), Shirley Harris (A/Sec), Max Cameron (SD), P. Girdler (JD), Terry Hibbins (Tour), General committee - K Edgell, B McAlpine, L Beaumont